Teacher Training / Professional Development
Teacher training emphasizes a contemplative thematic approach that includes arts integration. It begins with the development of leadership and confidence, then expands outward to include relationships and team synergy.
Teachers learn to create:
- A nurturing learning environment
- Optimum classroom management techniques
- Individualized profiles
- Activities for different learning styles
- Inter-disciplinary teams
- Customized learning programs
- Curriculum integration of the arts and academics
Team Synergy Skills:
- Problem solving
- Creative thinking
The GoldlakeSM Teacher Orientation Program is offered every July. Those in their final year of university are qualified to attend. Half a graduate credit may be earned by those meeting university criteria. For additional information contact Goldlake@Goldlake.org.